LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are looking for a Lynda.com Account Executive to join our team in tapping into potential client opportunities and generating new business within our Corporate business segment. This segment is comprised of all Lynda.com non-profit and for-profit clients with exception of Government and Higher Education accounts. You will be responsible for peaking interest and driving exclusive new logo business within these client groups. You will be handling inbound inquiries as well as blanketing your region with outbound activity. You will strategically approach target companies, identify the best technology options and sell corporate solutions. Although you strive to meet and exceed quota, you will always act in the best interest of the client.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and close high-level business in an evangelist sales environment
- Selling to early adopters and those adopting our online learning solution for first time
- Peak interest and drive understanding of our solutions
- Facilitate an effective transition to the Relationship Manager
- Prospect relentlessly to build pipeline and build strong relationships with prospects
- Create reliable forecasts and be completely transparent with management on the pipeline status
- Close new logo business consistently at or above quota level
- Develop and execute on a strategic plan for the territory and document and distribute competitive information
- Invest in colleagues and give coaching and advice when you see an opportunity for improvement
- Work to develop and circulate the set of best practices that will be the foundation of this team
- Listen to the needs of the market and share insights with product and marketing teams
- Be proactive about solving problems even if it's outside of your area and be ready to take on additional initiatives and responsibilities as they emerge
- Seek out opportunities to be a leader and do everything you can to help the company achieve its larger objectives
- Ability to travel (30%)
- 4+ years of applicable sales experience
- Lynda.com sales experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in related field
- Experience with learning (e-learning preferred), media, and HR software
- Experience with SaaS opportunities and Salesforce.com platform
- Experience selling IT or Learning and Development solutions
- Knowledge of software contract terms and conditions with the ability to create fair transactions
- Strong negotiation and accurate forecasting skills
- Ability to assess business opportunities and use data to inform decision making and persuade others
- Ability to manage a large number of prospect situations simultaneously while positioning company products against direct and indirect competitors
- Sustain success in acquiring new business or customer acquisition
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.