Aviation Military Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging.Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Military Field Service Representative - NAS Miramar
Field Services and Maintenance
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Military Field Service Representative will provide on-site support to MCAS Miramar, California in the operation, management, repair, installation, and maintenance of their F404 propulsion system products. In this role you will also act as a liaison between the GE factory and the customer.
In addition you will :
* Provide interpretation of data and technical instructions
* Provide technical assistance in the identification of and instructions on the use of special tools and handling equipment
* Recommend and develop local informal training programs in support of maintenance and troubleshooting tasks
* Review reported malfunctions and assist with fault analysis
* Provide technical assistance and support to resolve maintenance problems
* Review effectiveness of maintenance actions to identify training needs and improve maintenance practices
* Assist customer with logistics tasks including work scope reviews, maintenance scheduling, data recording and hardware tracking / availability
* Apply Six Sigma analytical tools to assist the customer with root cause analysis, issue resolution and trend analysis
* Demonstrate best methods of disassembling, repairing and assembling engines and engine components
* Serve as liaison between customer and factory personnel related to maintenance, logistical and operational tasks
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a field service / maintenance position as a Military Field Service Representative)
* Minimum of 3 years of field maintenance, modification, and repair experience on the F404 Propulsion System products
* Ability and willingness to travel as required
* Ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Secret Clearance
* Ability and willingness to relocate to domestic or international locations to support the needs of the business
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong customer interaction and communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Proven analytical and quality improvement ability
* Demonstrated proficiency in repair troubleshooting, shop operations and testing of assigned programs / hardware
* Able to work with and make formal presentations to all levels of maintenance, engineering and management
* Project management experience
* Demonstrated ability to lead and influence GE customers and peers
* Possess knowledge of the learning process and how to transfer technical knowledge to less qualified personnel including; the ability to express thoughts in both oral and written communications
* Possess the ability to work independently, without technical guidance and to perform all required work tasks
* Possess a high degree of tact, diplomacy and ability to work and cooperate harmoniously with customer personnel
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.