At Monsanto, helping military veterans transition from deployment to employment is a top priority. Our mission is to help our nation's veterans build their corporate careers. We want innovative leaders who can think big, readily accept challenges, and deliver results on behalf of our customers. We acknowledge that these traits comprise the very core of the men and women who have served our country.
Monsanto is a company that thrives on integrity, service, teamwork and commitment. As part of our efforts to support all our veterans, Monsanto is committed to recruiting veterans who share our values in producing more, conserving more, and improving lives around the world.
Our Veteran Heroes In Ag program was created to identify positions and skills to attract, hire and retain this quality talent to further improve our diverse and talented workforce.
This program is a guide to transition with world class mentorship and development training from a global Fortune 500 company. The Heroes in Ag program will include additional training, mentorship, resources for transition, and opportunities to access leadership.
Monsanto is looking for talented individuals who want to join a local sales team for our U.S. Seeds and Traits - Row Crops. This is your chance to join the sales team for a technology-driven company that is committed to delivering innovative products to farmers. If you want the opportunity to manage a sales district and represent one of agriculture's leading companies, join our team!
Selected candidates will join one of our sales teams as a Sales Trainee and complete a comprehensive training program that will teach the skills and knowledge necessary to become a high-performing member of our sales force. Sales Trainees will work with a district sales manager in a defined district to develop a solid base of district management, agronomic knowledge and sales skills. After successful completion of the Trainee program Trainees are eligible for a full-time sales position that may require relocation, which will be assigned as available. Training classes begin in January 2018 and May 2018 and last approximately 6 months, pending individual progress and development.
During the interview process, candidates will be asked their preference of working with Asgrow, DEKALB, Deltapine and Channel, or a Regional Seed Brand (Fontanelle Hybrids, Gold Country Seed, Hubner Seed, Jung Seed Genetics, Kruger Seed, Lewis Hybrids, REA Hybrids, Specialty Hybrids, Stewart Seed, Stone Seed Group and Trelay Seed).
Trainees are responsible for:
- Developing relationships with farmers and/or dealers and learning how to effectively identify and meet their needs.
- Helping the team achieve sales goals by successfully selling the value of our seed products.
- Gaining a strong base of product and agronomic knowledge to assist with product placement and evaluation of seed products. Delivering agronomic services that help farmers achieve optimal performance on their farm.
- Learning how to successfully manage a sales district and coach your sellers.
- Work closely with sales management to achieve annual business goals and long-term growth.
- Be competent at Monsanto's sales approach.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree.
- Demonstrated self motivation and initiative with the ability to set and achieve goals with minimal supervision.
- Ability to utilize knowledge and skills to secure seed sales.
- Results oriented with the ability to develop and execute strategy to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Proven problem-solving ability.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to travel/drive throughout district on a daily basis. Company vehicle provided.
- Valid driver's license. Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed and must meet guidelines based on the company's Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers.
- Some DSMT positions will involve hauling material that will put the driver under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction. In those situations, candidate must be able to meet all applicable DOT/FMCSA criteria, which will include passing a DOT physical.
- Ability to lift a 60 pound bag of seed.
- Mobility - potentially could have 2 moves during training and placement within 12 months.
- Prior sales experience.
- Ability to relocate.
- Involvement in student/volunteer/community/athletic organizations.
- Knowledge of agriculture industry and farming practices.
- Effective communication/presentation skills.
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world's biggest challenges. We're always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment.
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization.
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry.
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world.
• Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.