Join Exelon Power, and you will be a part of the team responsible for managing, operating, and maintaining the company's fossil (natural gas, oil and coal), renewable (wind and solar), and hydroelectric fleet of power generating assets. With locations in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Texas, California, Iowa, and Massachusetts, our diverse generating portfolio enables the company to be competitive in the deregulated power market.
Exelon Industrial Services is expanding to meet our future needs! This is an opportunity to use and enhance your Mechanical skills to support our Power Generation assets. We are seeking motivated individuals who will come into Exelon as Mechanic trainees and work with our Millwright & Mobile Machining team. The position is in the Maintenance Department in EIS (Exelon Industrial Services) and is responsible for performing all general mechanical maintenance on power plant equipment. Individuals must possess basic Mechanical/Millwright skills.
This opportunity includes initial classroom and shop training in the mechanical maintenance discipline, typically 6am-2:30pm M-F. Training, consistent with your experience, will be located at Fort Smallwood Exelon Industrial Services shops location on Brandon Shores Road outside of Baltimore, MD.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The position is within the Maintenance Department in EIS (Exelon Industrial Services) division and is responsible for performing all general mechanical maintenance on power plant equipment. Must possess basic Mechanic/Millwright skills.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Adheres to the conduct of maintenance and established maintenance standards and practices.
2. Provide technical support to plant operations, maintenance staff and engineering.
3. Perform maintenance and repair work on plant equipment such as pumps, gearboxes, fans, turbines, bearings, boilers, pipe systems, valves and limitorque operators (disassembly, part repair or replacement, assembly). Verify/hold clearance orders.
4. Perform lifting, rigging & material handling using tools such as fork trucks, cranes and chain blocks.
5. Perform verification checks on maintenance items covered in maintenance technician training. Perform insulation installation and removal.
6. Plan work package planning when assigned. Perform assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner at the direction of Maintenance Management.
7. Interpret and understand power plant prints.
1. Related 2 year technical degree OR
2. High School diploma or equivalent with relevant experience
3. Recent vocational training and background in mechanical maintenance
4. Successfully complete the training requirements and time in job requirements for the position including previously passing the MASS test
5. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
6. Basic computer skills
7. Valid drivers license
8. Travel may be required
9. Ability to work in a power plant environment that includes climbing and walking long distances
10. Good oral and written communication skills
11. Ability to work on cross-functional teams on major projects.
12. Upon completion of the trainee program, willingness to travel to company sites (75% travel), work overtime, plant outages, and callouts
13. Knowledge of basic tools and their correct applications
14. Knowledge of applicable safety principles in performance of maintenance and repair tasks
15. Ability to be qualified in basic rigging skills or already qualified
16. Ability to be qualified in forklift operation or already qualified
-Position reports to Maintenance Foreman
-The incumbent in this position must be able to communicate across all levels of the organization.
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.