What you’ll be doing...
Will assist in the design, development, testing, and maintenance of a J2EE (Java Platform Enterprise Edition) based Telematics solution. This position will interact with a wide array of disciplines including Project Management, Operations, Engineering, Quality Assurance, etc. in a agile team atmosphere with the goal of bringing new products to market as well as maintaining existing products. The Software Engineer will be required to analyze and understand the existing Telematics System, make design decisions based on knowledge of Java and the full understanding of the existing system, review, analyze and modify interfaces, including coding, testing, debugging and installing to support the organization’s Telematics System, architecture, and standards.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Design: Lead and participate in design sessions and discussions, including architectural recommendations, best practices mentoring, coding standards enforcement, and design pattern modeling.
- Development: Participate as needed in the development and implementation of Java software based on approved design.
- Write new programs or create modifications to existing applications as necessary based on project requirements.
- Follow established standards for the design, coding, and testing of software.
- Also has responsibility for developing and implementing internal projects and toolsets for consumption by other team members that improve team productivity and quality.
- Testing: Review test plans, test files, and scripts for unit testing through integration testing.
- Work with users to validate system testing and conformity with functional requirements.
- Implementation: Follow appropriate change management and implementation procedures.
- Ensure that appropriate technical and functional documentation is prepared.
- Coordinate the implementation process.
- Support: Provide guidance and training to less experienced team members, provide guidance on technical troubleshooting and coordinate support with vendors and internal support teams. Provide support to new applications during and after implementation.
What we’re looking for...
- Minimum of 8 years of software development experience
- Must have at least 5 years experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering software products to market
- Experience with open source platform such as Java, SpringBoot, Kafka, Redis, Hadoop
- Experience with clustered/cloud computing with high volume transactional environments such as 1000 TPS
- Relevant experience with Micro services and RESTful web services
- Understanding of Micro services framework. Also able to integrate with and managing APIs exposing microservices (REST, SOAP)
- Experience with Spring frameworks
- Understanding of distributed databases Cassandra
- Knowledge of the Hibernate framework
- Understanding of TCP/IP and socket-based communication
- Experience with Apache and SSL Authentication
- DevOps experience with Dockers will be highly preferred
- Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices
- BSEE/BSCS Degree required
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.