Research Psychiatric Center
Mobile Assessor - Transfer Center - Overland Park, KS
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, Research Medical Center embodies the mission and heart of HCA Midwest Health. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses.
This a brand new state of the art technology Transfer Center in Overland Park, KS. Using our In-Touch technology, our mobile assessors provide emergency triage and crisis assessment to determine, and co-facilitate, the required plan of care to ensure optimal safety and patient outcomes across the age and mental health disease spectrum. Our assessments may be conducted in emergency room settings, and other locations, and by tele-assessment.
Responsibilities of the mobile assessor include assessment and clear documentation of the determination of what course of care immediately meets the needs of the patient, coordination and facilitation of the patient's course of treatment as determined by the assessment, collaboration and communication inside an interdisciplinary team that includes physicians, emergency room providers and staff, community partners and providers, and departmental and inter-departmental teams. The mobile assessor/clinician will need to be familiar with and utilize all available resources in addressing the clients needs to ensure the best plan of care is available and facilitated. Qualifications: Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Social Work or Counseling from an accredited university or Registered Nurse with BSN or Master's degree preferred with two years of acute psychiatric experience
- Current Missouri and Kansas licensure required. LCSW, LSCSW, LPC, PLPC, LMSW or RN with BSN or MSN preferred.
- Must possess solid critical thinking skills and the ability to perform in changing and complex environments
- Working knowledge of the DSM preferred. Demonstrated knowledge or training in the developmental and emotional needs of patients of all ages. Has a clear understanding of regulatory requirements with an emphasis on EMTALA and HIPPA compliance.
- Working knowledge of community referral sources and systems is preferred
- Will assist with other transfer center referral activities as part of the mobile assessor role