If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you’ll do every single day will make people’s lives, work and play better.
We are looking for an iOS / Android Developer to design and implement new user-facing features in Verizon's large, complex mobile ecommerce application that our customers use every day.
- Use design and coding experience, who can carry ideas/concepts through the analysis and evaluation then develop, test, deploy and support complex software systems.
- Utilize experience scaling systems and cloud technology to support services in the mobile environment. Work highest technical level of all phases of applications programming activities.
- Provide high level verbal and written communications such as design documents, presentation, decision documents, or research papers.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Build the libraries and frameworks that support authentication, copresence, and cutting-edge network protocols.
- Optimize mobile applications on the iOS and Android platform.
- Develop prototypes quickly.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Extensive working experience in iOS / Android development & related technologies.
- Software development experience in Objective-C or Swift using iOS or OS X frameworks.
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text.
- A deep familiarity with XCODE, Objective-C and Cocoa Touch.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Have published one or more iOS apps in the app store.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Experience with agile software development.
- Experience working with remote data via Network connection to servers over TCP.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Strong command of the Android framework, tool set and popular third-party libraries.
- Deep Familiarity with Android’s testing tools and judgment to write concise, effective unit tests.
- Web development troubleshooting tools experience (Fiddler, Charles, and etc.) and/or mobile troubleshooting tools (Android ADB Logcat etc.).
- Knowledge of the iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques.
- Experience with open source libraries like volley, Square Android libraries.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.