PayPal is seeking accomplished and passionate Software Engineers to join our existing team in Newton MA. This individual will be contributing to the exciting future of software products/technologies that fall under our mobile and particularly PayPal Here product family.
The successful candidate will work closely and collaboratively with the entire product development team during all phases software development and life cycle. We're seeking individuals with an equal flair for creative problem solving, familiarity with full stack development, agile methodologies, test automation and preferably foosball skills. PayPal Here is one of the fastest evolving and high visibility applications of PayPal product line; and we're hoping to expanding our team with superstars. Responsibilities :
- Design, architect and implement mobile applications, middleware and frameworks such as SDK.
- Develop new features and user-interface for our mobile apps and SDK.
- Create robust and scalable high-volume production applications and develop prototypes quickly.
- Collaborate with UX/UI team in an agile environment to bring features from conception to launch.
- Contribute to our existing continuous integration framework by automating features as we go using UIAutomation.
- Research, analyze, design, develop and test the solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategy.
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews, and project related team meetings.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and shared knowledge.
- Collaborate with product management, QA, operations and engineering teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability and adherence to development principles and product goals.
- Triage and fix defects.
Preferred Skills :
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related studies.
- At least five years professional experience with a major programming language.
- Mobile development (iOS or Android).
- Well versed in object oriented design and common design patterns.
- Fundamental computer science principles.
- Familiarity with Operating Systems - UNIX/Linux and Networking.
- Automation & software testing methodology.
- Familiarity in server-side development.
- Source control - GIT.
- Agile Methodologies.
- Consumer facing application development.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Knowledge in electronic payments.
- Foosball skills a plus.
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.