PayPal is seeking passionate engineers to create new native mobile experiences for millions of active merchant users. PayPal offers many tools for merchants of all different sizes on the web, but currently many merchants are underserved by our mobile app offerings. The merchant apps team's goal is to change that with new, merchant focused mobile apps. Now is a great opportunity to be part of the core team that is developing this new product. We work together on close knit, small teams to develop our apps. We are passionate about respecting code quality and following our defined best practices while always searching for new, better ways to get things done. We value our ego-free code reviews and have continuous integration set up to test our pull requests, deliver nightly builds and run nightly regressions of our automated tests. We work closely and quickly with our design team to build, user-test and iterate new features with a customer driven focus. Finally, we value our casual work-hard/play-hard office culture and make ample use of our gaming areas, foosball, ping pong tables, board game collection and kitchens stocked with coffee and snacks.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
You will be primarily focused on building the UI layer of the new PayPal Merchant iOS app, as well as building mobile SDKs that talk to PayPal APIs. We work on small teams and as a result wear many hats. You will be delivering new features, reacting to customer feedback & internal user testing, helping to ensure quality, working closely with our UX team to prototype new experiences and helping expand our app's reach however possible. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop new features, new UI and bug fixes for our native iOS app.
- Implement & iterate with our UX team in an agile environment to bring features from conception to launch.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and shared knowledge.
- Contribute to our existing continuous integration framework by automating features as we go.
- Ability to work effectively on a team.
- BA/BS or MA/MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Well versed in object oriented design and common design patterns.
- Experience building non-trivial mobile applications for iOS using Swift and Objective-C programming languages.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills. You will work with both people next to you and people in remote offices.
- Test automation experience using various tools, frameworks and design patterns.
Preferred Qualifications (optional, but great to have):
- 3+ years of experience of relevant mobile work.
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.