Budget Truck Rental has GREAT Career Opportunities for individuals with a maintenance background who are looking to Make the Better Move with their careers. If you are a person who enjoys challenges and working in a fast pace environment this position might be for you.
Position: Technician I/II - Mobile
Performs preventative maintenance and completes basic repairs on gasoline and diesel light and medium duty trucks. In addition to maintenance tasks, properly diagnoses and repairs braking systems, air conditioning, basic electrical systems, starting, charging, lighting, engine cooling systems, and steering. This position must be able to complete most repairs with little to no supervision and will perform repairs from a mobile truck.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with Dealers via telephone or in person in regards to "all" Out of service concerns up to and including calling, questions from the O/S report or the PM report, as it pertains to any given location, i.e. Agency, Corp, dealer.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision in a manner conducive to current EPA, OSHA, and or local DERM regulations with special detail given to any spill of fluids including Company Safety practices regarding using "wheel chocks," removing the ignition key prior to repair process, returning unit key to rental personal upon completion of work and proper completion of all necessary repair orders and PM, DOT, check sheets and decals as well when in the field.
- Proper use and care of Company Mobile unit up to and including the maintenance of said unit. Also understanding that Mobile unit is to be operated in a safe manner and Maintained to current Maintenance policies. This includes all related equipment of said unit and any Pager, Cell Phone, or Radio as provided. Understanding that the Mobile unit and communication equipment will not be used for any personal matters.
- Will follow any schedule or route as directed and will keep in regular contact with the Maintenance Manager or anyone he was designated.
- Will maintain a "Valid" Driver License, up to and including a class "D" or "C" with a Hazardous Material endorsement if required by Federal State, or Local laws, and an Annual DOT physical required and be subjected to any "random" Drug/Alcohol screening as required. Submit to a required post-accident Drug/Alcohol test after any accident involving the operation of the Company vehicle.
- Periodically be assigned to work in the shop or other location as needed or directed by Maintenance Manager or his designate.
Required Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Technical school graduate is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years automotive & diesel truck maintenance experience. Mobile experience is a plus.
- ASE Certifications are a plus for technical level or obtain 2 within 24 months as a condition of employment.
- Valid Driver's License along with a good driving record is required and all candidates must be able to pass a background check and a drug test.
- A DOT Physical and medical certification is required for a minimum of 1 year
- Heavy lifting required - minimum weight 50 pounds
- Must possess all tools required for truck maintenance and most repairs.
- Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with and around hazardous materials.
- Ability to effectively follow work direction and vary tasks according to changing volume and business needs.
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail.
- Individual accountability and strong attention to detail to consistently meet and exceed work quality standards.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with co-workers, internal and external customers.
- Ability to perform day-to-day physical tasks involving moderately demanding work including: standing, kneeling, crawling, turning, and pushing or lifting moderately heavy objects.
Avis Budget Group is an EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
Note: The job description reflects the Company's current assessment of the essential functions of the job. It is not meant to, nor does it, restrict the Company from assigning additional duties and responsibilities not specifically identified as essential functions herein or from determining the need to modify or revise the essential functions of the job.
***If you have any questions about the position or on our hiring process feel free to reach out to Hanna Garrett Email: email@example.com or by phone at 601-454-6613.
A little about us: