This position will be responsible for performing credit risk consulting projects for a variety of clients in the financial institutions industry.
- This primarily includes consulting with clients on credit related matters and providing model validation and model risk management related services.
- Manage key aspects of client service projects from planning to completion.
- Become a trusted advisor to client management by providing appropriate recommendations and solutions. Able to make and sustain meaningful client relationships.
- Support proposal and business development activities by identifying new target clients, building business relationships with key executives and developing/presenting proposals.
- Handle other duties assigned by employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, or Economics or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years experience of working in financial institutions, Big 4 or equivalent, or regulatory supervisory institutions.
- Working knowledge as a credit risk expert and experience with credit risk type models (i.e. – ALLL, PD/LGD, Roll Rate, etc).
- Working knowledge of model risk management regulatory guidance (SR 11-7, OCC 2011-12)
- Direct experience performing model validations or model development, including concepts such as back testing, stress testing, sensitivity testing, and benchmarking.
- Direct and deliver significant engagements that deliver value to clients through project management, creation of deliverables and knowledge transfer.
- Understanding of the credit risk associated with portfolios, such as commercial, commercial real estate, credit card, mortgage, and retail.
- Understanding the unique components and behaviors of those portfolios noted above. processes, such as loan origination and underwriting; credit policies; portfolio management, allowance for loan and lease losses; loan review and remediation.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state banking laws related to credit risk.
- A self-starter who can prioritize multiple tasks, is resourceful and able to research and find solutions.
- Write and present to clients clear and concise reports and presentations containing meaningful recommendations.
- Willingness to travel 60% or more annually. Model validation engagements are frequently conducted off-site.
Additional skills desired:
- Solid analytical background and experience working with PhD level quantitative analysts
- Knowledge of risk ratings, risk rating methodology, model governance, model development, DFAST, CCAR and capital allocation methodology would be a plus.
- Experience or familiarity with statistical packages such as SAS, Matlab, Stata, and R
- Graduate degree a plus.
- Professional certification a plus (i.e. – RMA CRC, CFA, FRM).
- High level of comfort using technology.
- Bilingual a plus.
Visit Crowecareers.com and find out what it's like to work with people who love what they do!
Locations: New York, NY or Chicago, IL or Oak Brook, IL
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
A little about us:
Crowe Horwath LLP is a public accounting, consulting and technology firm dedicated to connecting specialized knowledge with innovative technology to bring value to our clients.