Modeling and Data Sciences Summer Graduate Intern/Postdoc
Company: Air Products
Location: Allentown, Pennsylvania
Posted: November 17, 2017
Reference ID: 21910BR
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has a summer postdoc/Internship position available in our Computational Modeling Center at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
This Postdoc/Internship position is available in the Air Products Modeling and Data Sciences team located at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania and will focus on project work involving the development and execution of Deep Learning frameworks towards Process Condition Monitoring and Control. The incumbent is responsible for translating front-end, Deep Learning technologies such as Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN's) and Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN's) to customized, effective and deployable products.
BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Currently pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science with a demonstrable skill-set in Data Sciences, Machine Learning and/or High Performance Computing
• Aptitude in developing and tuning both CNN's and RNN's with experience regarding how to generate robust training/testing datasets and conduct efficient hyperparameteric studies
• Proficient in Python and R programming languages with an understanding of how to leverage the open source AI libraries such as: TensorFlow, Torch, cuDNN, H2O.ai for Deep Learning applications
• Experience in processing time-series, image and sound data to derive insight about a physical systems is a plus
• Exposure to Cloud-based computing such as AWS and Azure is a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings. You can apply specifically to Job Req #21910BR.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.