Modem Design Verification Job Description
Join Intel as part of the BaseBand & SoC Development group in iCDG (Intel's Communication and Devices Group). We are looking for an experienced Modem Design Verification Engineer.
In this position you will lead and contribute to the verification and development of Intel's multimode cellular modem baseband 2G/3G/LTE and upcoming 5G.Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead pre-silicon verification activities for baseband SoC and modem subsystems
- Develops pre-Silicon functional validation tests to verify system will meet design requirements.
- Creates test plans for RTL validation, defining and running system simulation models, and finding and implementing corrective measures for failing RTL tests.
- Develop verification collateral such as behavioral checkers, coverage monitors, test generators or score-boards to enable test plan execution.
- Analyze coverage gaps and devise strategies to fill coverage holes. The quality of the design and the final product is directly proportional to the quality of the design verification work.
- Work closely w/ the Architect/micro-architecture and Design teams in determining the proper validation strategy for new design, defining and provides feedback on Test Plans
- Develop, participate and reviews validation codes for efficiency/coverage and drive any paradigm shifts needed in Validation execution.
Master degree in Communication Systems, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, PhD is a plus
- At least 7 years' experience in relevant Pre-Silicon validation position and must have gone through multiple project cycles to gather in-depth experience.
QualificationsInside this Business Group
- At least 5 years proven experience in design and verification with cellular modem SoCs 2G, 3G, LTE
- Knowledge of wireless communications systems and standards, including LTE (FDD/TDD) and UMTS.
- Strong experience in logic design/verification with various tools and methodologies including: System Verilog, Perl, OVM/UVM, VCS/synopsys simulators, Coverage Tools, Power Mgmt. Validation
- Experience with simulation and verification for FPGA and Emulation platforms
- Experience with C/C , Python, Matlab and/or other simulation and modeling tools/languages
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating system and with revision control systems such as Clearcase
- Self-driven and entrepreneurial way of working
- Excellent communication skills in English
Communication & Devices Group: The wireless revolution at Intel! We are one team - passionate engineers and technologists from diverse industry backgrounds working together to realize a world of connected computing. We are bringing the best ideas from the brightest minds to deliver future mobile experiences into the market. We are on the journey towards making Intel a wireless leader with exciting products for the Internet of Things, 5G and an opportunity to change the world with your work.Other Locations
US, California, San Diego; Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.