Senior Modem Hardware Design Engineer Job Description
Senior Technical role in the development of baseband modem hardware solutions for the Baseband SoC Development (BSD) organization within Intel's Communications and Devices Group (iCDG).
Responsible for the definition, design, implementation and verification of complex digital modem blocks and sub-systems for wireless applications including 4G LTE and 5G.Role would include responsibilities in one or more of the following areas:
Requirements and specifications, micro-architectural definition, digital design (RTL) and verification, synthesis, static timing analysis, formal verification, gate-level simulations, and power estimation and optimization.
Project deliverables may include specification documents, micro-architectural definitions, RTL code (Verilog and/or System Verilog), simulation models, test benches, gate-level netlists, timing constraints, UPF files, and associated documentation and additional collateral. Strong coding and debug skills are a must have.The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
Minimum Qualifications:This position requires an MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering plus at least 10 years of industry experience in the following areas:
- Problem-solving skills with appropriate attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team-oriented environment
- Expertise in wireless communications systems and standards, including 4G LTE (FDD/TDD) and/or 5G
- Ability to comprehend complex digital communications and signal processing algorithms and provide feedback/alternatives.
- Experience in baseband modem micro-architecture, design and verification.
- Experience in Verilog and/or System Verilog digital design, simulation and verification
- ASIC synthesis, formal verification, gate level simulation, static timing analysis, UPF simulations, and/or power estimation
- Experience with revision control systems such as ClearCase or GIT
- Debug and analysis skills in emulation, FPGA and Si lab bringup.
QualificationsInside this Business Group
- Experience with Synopsys synthesis and timing analysis tools
- Experience with scripting languages such as TCL, Python, or Perl
- Experience with VCS, Verdi, and Spyglass
- Experience with DPI-C, System Verilog, UVM
- Experience with C/C , Python, Matlab and/or other simulation and modeling tools/languages
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating system
- Familiarity with System C/Architecture profiling.
Communication & Devices Group: The wireless revolution at Intel! We are one team - passionate engineers and technologists from diverse industry backgrounds working together to realize a world of connected computing. We are bringing the best ideas from the brightest minds to deliver future mobile experiences into the market. We are on the journey towards making Intel a wireless leader with exciting products for the Internet of Things, 5G and an opportunity to change the world with your work.Other Locations
US, California, San Diego; Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.