GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
AtGE Transportation, we move the world. We
are a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling
industries. Our solutions help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and greater savings using
our advanced manufacturing techniques, industry expertise and connected machines. Established more than a
century ago, GE Transportation is a division of GE that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives.
That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today. It's the engine of change that puts us at the forefront of
transportation technology, software, and analytics. And it's why we continue to find-and realize-the potential that
keeps our connected world moving forward. The GE Transportation Global Headquarters is located in Chicago,
Illinois. There are over 65 service sites worldwide.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Modernization Manufacturing Program Leader
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Modernization Manufacturing Program Leader will provide support for the execution of Modernization programs at GEas Ft. Worth site. In this role, you will work closely with the Supply Chain to drive schedule and material accountability to ensure that the program milestones are met and satisfactory completion are achieved. In addition, you will also work closely with the Program Management team to arrange satisfactory program scheduling for future projects.
This role will require close coordination within GE's manufacturing, sourcing, quality, and fulfillment organizations.
In addition, you will:
• Act as the primary interface for Modernization execution between Manufacturing, Sourcing and Materials team to support the Ft. Worth factory
• Provide technical support and coaching to craft personnel for the disassembly, assembly and test of locomotive modernization programs
• Develop processes aimed at safely and accurately performing operations and repairs to locomotives as required
• Work closely with engineering to drive resolution of specification issues and production changes as identified by the Product Manager
• Schedule, resolve issues, track material availability and provide technical advice for out of scope repair work
• Participate in development of implementation of future Modernization projects in the manufacturing facility
• Interface regularly with the Program Management team to review future proposals and ensure that proposals do not exceed the ability of the team to execute
• Explore process streamlining and improvements to positively affect lead times and complications associated with materials required at less than standard lead time schedules
• Lead project team through a regular system of milestone reviews to identify and manage risks, monitor operational performance against the agreed timescales, and instigates corrective action, where appropriate
• Ensure project details are properly documented to provide evidence of compliance and simplify implementation of similar projects in the future
• Provide additional project and/or material support to the Modernizations team as required
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Engineering, Sourcing or Manufacturing environment
• Minimum of 3 years of experience managing projects or programs
• Must have unrestricted access to work in the United States
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Solid Project Management Skills: ability to drive project execution and clearly track status
• Strong Communication Skills: ability to clearly articulate progress/status to internal/external customers at an executive level
• Field Service or Repair Services experience a plus
• Strong business acumen and commercial savvy
• Ability to manage effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Ability to work in a matrix organization across channels and cultures
• Ability to energize teams through inclusiveness and connection with people
• Knowledge of Oracle and CAS inventory/materials applications
• PC proficiency: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, Access
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Results oriented, self-motivated, adaptable and an interchangeable team member
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills, often involving internal and external Engineering, Quality, and Sourcing / supplier teams
• Demonstrated commitment for process improvement
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.