Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you! JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Chicago Downtown Modernization branch of Otis Elevator Company is searching for a highly effective Modernization Superintendent direct and supervisor field modernization operations in the downtown Chicago area.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Managing the safety program
- Managing/scheduling project labor, the expenditure of labor, material and other assets
- Performing and managing technical surveys and estimates
- Field education and safety training
- Assisting account managers in estimating proposals and making technical presentations
- Interface with customer; typically building construction trades, managers and superintendents
- Quality assurance to both Otis and the customer
- Improving efficiencies, managing crew development and performance to estimate.
- 6+ years of field operations experience within the elevator industry or related industry
- Strong leadership, preferably experience working with field (union) associates
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and influence others in a dynamic work environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and strategic thinking skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and multiple priorities
- Proficient level skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
High school education required; BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent relevant work experience
A little about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.