Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
At Otis, we've always been pioneers. We took a bold idea and changed the world. Over the last 160 years, we've built cities, transformed how people live and work and created monumental works of art.
Most important, we've moved people. Not just to get them where they need to go, but to give them a different perspective on the world. Every day we put people at the center of what we do at Otis - we help them make the most of every moment, every connection and every opportunity - whether it's our passengers, our customers or our colleagues.
We are made to move you so come join our team and roll up your sleeves with us while we get it done for our customers.
We are searching for a highly effective Modernization Superintendent to direct and supervise field modernization operations in the Milwaukee & Madison, Wisconsin area.
This position can be based in either Milwaukee, WI or Madison, WI RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing the safety program and ensuring our field operations employees complete their work in an efficient and safe manner - we want our employees to go home in the same or better shape than they came to work
- Managing/scheduling project labor, the expenditure of labor, material and other assets
- Performing and managing technical surveys and estimates in partnership with the commercial leaders of the geographic area
- Field education and safety training
- Assisting commercial account managers in estimating proposals and making technical presentations
- Interface with customer; typically building construction trades, managers and superintendents
- Quality assurance to both Otis and the customer
- Improving efficiencies, managing crew development and performance to estimate
- 5+ years of field operations experience
- Strong leadership, preferably experience working with field (union) associates
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and influence others in a dynamic work environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and strategic thinking skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and multiple priorities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint) and other applications, software and technology
- High school education required
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent relevant work experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.