Adecco is assisting a local client in recruiting for a 2nd shift Mold Setup Specialist in City Of Glendora. This is a 2nd shift position from 2:30pm to 11:00pm. This is a direct hire opportunity. As a Mold Setup Specialist you will be required to be an integral part of the Metal Injection Molding Focused Factory. Associates at this level are trained in all areas of the department and must meet the basic qualifications of the job description. If you meet the qualifications listed below please Apply Now!
Responsibilities for this Mold Setup Specialist position includes:
• Hands-on work to setup molds on multiple molding machines, including but not limited to, changing molds using hoist, changing end-of-arm tool on Pick-n-Place robots, generating first articles, purging and switching materials, managing multiple programs in the controller, etc.
• Manage in-line production by verifying dimensions and visual product attributes through inspection (eye loupes, microscopes, etc.).
• Fine tune molding parameters and adjustments to robot programming to ensure consistent product quality.
• Be the point person for identifying and troubleshooting molding problems and work with engineering team to distinguish between process issues and mold issues.
• Clean and maintain work areas, tools and molds in order to maximize equipment downtime through Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and 5S.
• Communicate and collaborate with area leads/supervisors, engineering team, tool room and maintenance.
• Identify and implement improvement projects to increase molding output, operator productivity, and product yields.
• Be involved in other processes within the Focused Factory such as loading furnaces, running analytical testers (density/viscosity/chemical), performing inline quality checks, etc.
• Provide production updates and support problem solving on Daily Management key performance indicators (KPIs), including delivery, quality, and productivity.
• Good understanding of injection molding concepts, i.e. scientific molding, process control, filling vs. pack/hold.
• Keen eye sight and comfortable working with microscopes and small, delicate parts
• Good communication skills, be able to describe technical issues in concise and accurate ways.
• Ability to understand and interpret 2D engineering drawings, particularly tight product tolerances
• Good understanding of molding machines operations in general. Ability to identify the function of each component in the molding process. i.e. screw and barrel, check-ring, heating zones, thermolators.
• Familiar and comfortable with pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems.
• Process improvement oriented.
• Experience in general shop floor practices, 5S, tidiness and cleanliness.
• Experiences in FDA regulated shop environment a plus.
• Experience with robotics or automation systems a plus.
• Minimum High School graduate. Associate degree or technical certification grad a plus, molding background preferred.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Will load material into machines utilizing stepstools and/or ladders.
• May be required to lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
• Loud production environment (if required).
• Exposure to solvents, oils, lubricants, plastic material fumes, ground glass, flammable & hazardous materials.
• While performing the duties of this job, will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time (8 hours per day).
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this Mold Setup Specialist position in Glendora or any related opportunities with Adecco.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.