At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Molder II for the Industrial Business Group / Abrasive Systems Division located in Whippany, NJ. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
The position will require:
- Set up molds per Work Instructions
- Set up and run presses
- Work with multiple processes
- Work from blue prints to complete all steps of operation
- Use of measuring equipment to verify parts
- Operate various types of manufacturing equipment
- Performing other
This position may require:
- Working overtime
- Working a fixed 2nd shift (from 2:45 p.m. - 11:15 p.m.) with training on 1st shift (6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
- Frequent Physical Demands including lifting up to 50 lbs. unassisted and up to 100 lbs. assisted
- Working extended hours
- Weekend work
- Working either a first, second or third shift depending on shift availability
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing plant environment
- Basic math skills
- Experience reading drawings and use of measurement devices
- Previous Molding Experience
- Previous experience with Lean Manufacturing methodology
- Working well with teams or individually
: Whippany, NJRelocation
: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.