Molding Op. Injection Set-up Technician
Location: Stratford, Connecticut
Posted: December 01, 2016
Reference ID: 374876763
Adecco is looking to hire a Plastic Molding Set-up technician for a local company. Summary: Responsible for the productions operation of injection molding machines within the Molding Department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, component quality, machine operation, mold processing, mold sta1tup and the installation and removal of molds.
- Demonstrate machine operating skills, maintain quality standards and perform first and last piece inspections. Understand control plans and defect criteria.
- Mentally and physically pay attention to detecting jams, defective material or improper seating of parts in fixtures, recognizing any operating difficulties and making corrections utilizing standard operating procedures as needed.
- Maintain and check on operations and insure a constant supply of parts, material, and high quality levels at all times to avoid delays in production requirements.
- Backlog production when quality defect is found to assure outgoing quality level.
- Be able to move ( push, pull, or otherwise manipulate) materials up to 30 lbs. for various operations.
- Possess troubleshooting skills and a mechanical aptitude.
- Be knowledgeable of and exercise safety practices at all times.
- Understand and operate department injection molding machines.
- Install molds
- Remove molds
- Operate an overhead crane
- Be tow-motor certified.
- Set up molding equipment and auxiliaty equipment.
- Check mold safeties
- Clean molds
- Complete paperwork
- Process troubleshooting
- Cavity recovery
- Perform mold preparation
- Perform troubleshooting
- Perform mechanical repair
- Maintain part containment systems.
- Conduct machine and turntable lubrication Perform conveyor repair.
- Maintain processing skill.
Utilize and operate the department data acquisition system.
- Write or contribute to department procedures.
- Train other Set-up Technicians
- Occasionally climb on or under equipment no more than eight (8) feet high. Participate in organized manufacturing process improvement events.
Adecco is an E.O.E.