Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.PURPOSE/SUMMARY
The function of the Quality Engineer is to support Quality Manager and area staff in all things relating to Quality.
To coordinate and maintain Quality System activities for the Lincoln Plant. RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHERS
- Maintain and improve the quality system in the assigned area. Includes Document control training.
- Assist in maintenance of ISO Quality Management system through product and process audits.
- Assist in quality training of production personnel
- Maintain quality procedures in conjunction with set-up inspections including updating as part and process changes occur.
- Maintenance of inspection equipment. Coordinate new inspection equipment design and construction.
- Coordinate paperwork from first piece inspection and communicates results and requirements in a timely manner.
- First Piece Inspection of new and revised manufactured parts as required.
- Devolp and maintain part criteria documentation.
- Communicate directly with internal customer on quality issues
- Reports directly to Quality Assurance Manager . in the fulfillment of all assigned duties
- Works closely with Area ME & Supervisors.
- Work closely with Continuing Engineering Staff on quality matters.
- Communicates directly with production personnel on matters of training, auditing and first piece.
Point person for interplant quality issues Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum: 1. Bachelors degree in engineering or quality sciences or equivalent experience.
2. CQE/CQA desirable
- Must possess excellent analytical/problem solving abilities and good communication skills both written and oral.
- Must possess excellent computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Statistical process control and analysis would be helpful.
Ability to work well individually or with others. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Light to medium work. Moving objects of about 50 pounds.
Ability to communicate both written and verbally.
Some stooping and crouching when inspecting parts and materials.
Ability to get around plant.
Must be able to use both hands, have sight and hearing to inspect products and use test equipment. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Climate controlled environment, except in the molding and plating department.
Must adhere to factory regulations and safety rules.
Work in a muli shift operation.
This position description is not intended to be a detailed list of the job functions or responsibilities. It outlines the essential functions of the job. An individual may be required to perform other duties from time to time. The company reserves the right to amend, change, or delete the contents of this description.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.