Molecular Biology Research Scientist
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: Spring House, Pennsylvania
Posted: March 02, 2017
Reference ID: 2998170223-en-us
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Molecular Biology Research Scientist to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for highly motivated and experienced individual to join us as a Research Scientist in Molecular Biology group. A successful candidate will be part of the team to support our antibody therapeutic discovery efforts, particularly in designing and performing molecular cloning experiments. The ideal candidate will be expected to develop and improve high throughput antibody cloning platform with innovative molecular biology technologies. This position requires excellent laboratory skills, critical thinking, and attention to detail. The scope of work involves in hands-on laboratory work, managing the outsourcing tasks with CROs and tracking the progress of the tasks to ensure on-time delivery of high quality results. This individual will play a key role in the process of antibody drug discovery. The focus of this position is on antibody variable region capture from hybridoma or single B cells, this includes understanding of v-region germline genes, primer design and PCR optimization, expression vector design, sequence analyses and database management. The individual will be expected to discuss the project team leads to understand the design principle and requirements for each molecular biology experiment then identify the best and fastest path forward to meet the objective and provide feedback to the team.
• Ph.D. with 2-3 years or MS with 3-5 years of relevant industry experience in biotechnology, molecular biology or a related field is required
• Experience with molecular cloning methodologies, including RNA isolation, RT-PCR, and large volume DNA sequence analysis tools is required
• Familiar with antibody databases is required
• Experience with expression vector design is required
• Experience with hybridoma technologies is preferred
• Experience with high throughput screening and automation is preferred
• Understanding the principles of antibody engineering is required
• Ability to work independently and meet aggressive metric-driven timelines is required
• Experience with antibody discovery from single B cells is preferred and skills in FACS sorting is preferred
• Good organizational and excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate within and across functions is required
• Experience in working with CROs is preferred
• Excellence in record keeping is essential is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)