Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a smart and driven individual with the right mix of formal business management skills, passion for gaming, and experience in a high-tech and creative environment for our headquarters office in Irvine, CA. In this role, you will work with game team to envision, evolve, and operate monetization strategies for Heroes of the Storm and StarCraft II, targeting the intersection of revenue generation goals and quality player experience. Ideally, you will have experience defining and operating online game business models, and have a deep understanding of player interactions with those models, both at the individual and community levels.Responsibilities
- Work with the game team on monetization design, strategy and execution; envision in-game content and business model recommendations; set requirements and create specifications for monetization features; drive and operate the resulting initiatives. Analyze the competitive landscape, and benchmark Blizzard monetization against competitors.
- Work closely with marketing, community, public relations (PR), editorial, web, and mobile to help develop and execute publishing strategies in support of content releases and ongoing player engagement.
- Drive data analysis and research to evaluate the health of the business and to explore new business opportunities. Assimilate feedback from players, competitive research, market trends, and quantitative data to propose and make recommendations that impact game content and product vision.
- Develop testing methodologies, analyze data, and partner research teams to optimize price points and model the impact of new game features.
- Work with business intelligence to define metrics and develop dashboards to measure engagement and monetization success.
- Regularly review monetization strategy and performance, and present results to stakeholders.
- Undergraduate degree level education in business or related field
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a business role supporting AAA products
- Strong competence in analyzing data and drawing actionable business insight
- Proven experience taking business initiatives from conception to launch
- Outstanding communications, project management, and relationship-building skills; able to communicate effectively with software developers and business leaders alike
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment and manage multiple complex projects with diverse groups
- Proven ability to exert influence without authority
- Comfortable with uncertainty
- Passionate about Blizzard games, in particular StarCraft II and Heroes of the Storm
Required Application Materials
- Combination of game development and game publishing experience
- Experience working outside the United States
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.