Activision is looking for a Senior Monetization Specialist to join Activision's Central Design Group to take the success of our games into a connected world.
As a seasoned expert with demonstrable commercial success with free-to-play and/or micro transaction business models and a strong understanding of design mechanics, the Senior Monetization Specialist must be excellent at analyzing gamer's behaviors and have an expert level understanding of all monetization models.
While always staying up to date on industry trends, the Senior Monetization Specialist is incredibly passionate about breaking new ground with bringing monetization into AAA game experiences.
The Senior Monetization Specialist is responsible for defining the microtransaction designs with a focus on developing fun game systems that optimize player engagement, retention and conversion. Working closely with the game development teams, Business Intelligence, Marketing, Game Analytics and Consumer Research to translate the results of data analysis into compelling designs that compliment and further elevate game experiences.
The Senior Monetization Specialist will need strong communication skills and an ability to be a persuasive contributor working with a wide variety of internal and external partners. They will be comfortable with all levels of ownership, from hands on design to providing high-level guidance and feedback. With an expert knowledge of games, and an ability to thrive in a challenging and evolving environment, the Senior Monetization Specialist will help define our games' roadmap to further drive their success. Specifics:
- Develop and oversee the monetization designs
- Partner with development teams early on to design complimentary gameplay and economy systems
- Review design docs, metagame design specs and post-launch plans with an eye towards business strategies
- Actively coach/mentor designers to help guide our monetization strategy
- Monitor progress by playing builds in development as well as review reporting on game performance
- With strong analytical and mathematical skills, provide written and verbal assessments to help align development teams with central groups on the health of our economies
- Work closely with central partners in Marketing, Business Intelligence, Customer Relations, Consumer Insights and User Research
- Comfortable with being an independent driver and set goals that align with partners
- Min 4 years as a monetization/product management contributor or similar role in the games industry
- Shipped a minimum of three games demonstrating commercial success in mobile, PC or consoles
- Experienced in working on game monetization pre- and post-launch
- Expert knowledge of all types of monetization models on multiple gaming platforms
- Strong understanding of game and system design fundamentals
- Huge gaming appetite for a broad range of experiences across mobile, PC and console
- Egoless personality with a strong ability with verbal and written communications
- College OR Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Math, Statistics and/or related field
- Incredibly passionate about making great games
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they'll tell you, it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn't come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance. So if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's the people.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision operates at the intersection of technology, entertainment, esports, and consumer products. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games, we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty ® , Skylanders ® , and Destiny ® .
A little about us:
We are lucky to work in a business where imagination, creativity, and play aren't only encouraged, they're required.