TriStar Greenview is a 211-bed, medical-surgical facility that has served south central Kentucky for more than 40 years. TriStar Greenview provides an extensive range of diagnostic, therapeutic, emergency and surgical services. Accredited by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, TriStar Greenview has a medical staff of more than 300 physicians. TriStar Greenview has proven to be a health care leader in the region. POSITION SUMMARY:
The emergency department technician provides direct patient care under the supervision of the licensed nursing staff and according to established policy and procedure. Maintain a safe and therapeutic environment. Participation patient activities to assure quality improvement. Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long range plan, mission, vision, and values of the hospital. Promotes a supportive environment that encourages collegiality. Cares for Neonate/Infant (0-12 months) Pediatrics (1 - 17 years) Adults (18 - 79 years) Elderly (80 years).
- Actively participates in coordinating activity in the ED with physicians, advanced practice providers, paramedics, RN's and other caregivers to facilitate the care of emergency department patients by completing the follows:
- Answer call system, uses intercom to determine patient needs, and advises nurse of patient needs beyond scope of position
- Answers phones and places telephone calls as directed
- Restocks linen and supplies in exam rooms, fills blanket warmer and IV trays; provides general cleaning, including emptying trash, dusting equipment, etc.
- Assists in cleaning patient rooms and patient stretchers and changes stretcher linen
- Delivers labeled and bagged specimens to the lab
- Transports patients using wheelchair or stretcher within hospital and to and from vehicles
- Obtains EKG's
- Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias, reporting changes in heart rate/rhythm to the provider and/or nursing staff
- Assists with procedures as needed
- Immediately reports any observed changes in condition or behavior of patients
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed and within the scope of abilities
Qualifications: POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Assists in maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment
- Assist with the maintenance of supply stock, and cleaning of instruments for
sterilization and returns instruments to Central Sterile for reprocessing.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
- Immediately reports any observed unusual incidents
- Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with QA and data collection
- Maintains ED patient records
- Orients and mentors staff members
- The following are NOT essential functions of the position, and as such, are prohibited
- Triaging and/or assessing patients
- Accepting physician orders
- Administering medications
- IV access
- Providing patient education related to patient illness, injury or treatments
- Giving medical advice over the phone
Two years experience in the Emergency Department is preferred. Basic computer skills. Good communication skills. Current CPR. Must be able to pass Dysrhythmia interpretation test within 90 days of hire and annually thereafter.