Under general supervision, will monitor telemetry set up on patients.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
• Responsible for monitoring the patient once nursing staff have attached patient to the telemetry unit
• Check for accurate date/time printout on rhythm strips
• Provide daily printings of each patient's rhythm strip
• Maintain appropriate alarm settings for each patient
• Assist in troubleshooting monitor equipment
• Alert staff when a patient is in crisis
• Admit new patients and code telemetry charges into computer system
• Perform ECG's as needed
• Maintain supplies for monitor area
• Performs other duties as assigned
Experience: One (1) year experience performing work related to patient care in a healthcare setting, six (6) months of which must have included experience as a monitor technician OR successful completion of the OU Medical Center training program OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: CPR for Healthcare Providers upon hire
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of basic arrhythmia interpretations and performing ECG tracings is helpful. Good computer skills. Good interpersonal skills that allow for developing effective working relationships with staff.