Monitor Technician, PRN (.01)Centralized Monitoring Mercy Hospital
Miami, FL Facility Description:
Mercy Hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of South Florida for more than 60 years. As a comprehensive acute healthcare facility, Mercy offers a full range of services to the residents of Miami-Dade county and surrounding communities. Licensed for 488-beds, Mercy Hospital is accredited by Joint Commission. Mercy is affiliated with more than 1,000 physicians representing a wide range of medical specialties.
As Miami-Dade County's only Catholic hospital, Mercy Hospital is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Augustine, Florida and affiliated with HCA East Florida Division. Since its inception in 1950, Mercy Hospital has maintained its reputation for excellence while following the Catholic tradition of caring for God's people and providing spiritual support. Mercy Hospital is dedicated to providing excellent medical care, while remaining true to its mission of caring for the physical and spiritual needs of all the people it serves.
Mercy Hospital is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
Monitor Technician has the responsibility for monitoring the assigned central telemetry of the adolescent and adult patient population.Documents sample strips indicating usual rhythm as well as arrhythmias. Reports arrhythmias to the nurse immediately.Reports disruptions in continuous monitoring to the nurse.Reports equipment problems for corrective action.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
- Demonstrates knowledge of Basic Arrtythmia interpretation and reports any changes to nurse/charge nurse and follows Chain of Command as appropriate
- Ensures strips are printed every four hours or as required.
- Ensures rhythm strip is obtained on new admit or transfered patient immediately upon arrival to unit.
- Maintains work area in a neat and organized manner,creates efficiently organized work space to facilitate execution of tasks.
- Maintains inventory for batteries,leads,telepacks,strip paper and other.
- Demonstrates to patients,family members, physicians and co-workers courtesy and caring through customer service
- Displays telephone courtesy,answers promptly.Prioritizes and communicates telephone messages to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
Qualifications: Required Job Qualifications Include:
- High school or equivalent
- 0-2 years experience
- Basic Arrhythmia
- Hospital experience preferred