Monitor Technician- Part-time, Nights
University Hospital & Medical Center
Tamarac, FL Facility Description:
At University Hospital and Medical Center, it's all about community. For almost 40 years we've transformed right alongside the South Florida community we serve. Today, we're a 317-bed facility that is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). Our team includes nearly 1,000 healthcare professionals and 550 physicians. We invite you to make our team even stronger.
University Hospital & Medical Center has been honored by being nationally recognized with many prestigious awards and accolades, including: awarded the Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission, designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, awarded the Disease Specific Care Certification for Orthopedic Joint Replacement and received the Five Star Excellence Award in Emergency Services.
University Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits:
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Job Description
- Tracks and reports supply needs for operation of monitors.
- Basic EKG arrhythmia interpretation / documentation
- Demonstrates awareness of and respect for patient/family needs in relation to confidentiality, privacy, security, complaint resolution and spiritual and cultural needs.
- Responsible for code cart check every shift, eye wash check every week, and medication refrigerator temperature log every shift.
- Post rhythm strips every eight (8) hours.
Job Qualifications include:
- High school, GED or higher education required
- Arrhythmia course
- BLS required
- 1-3 years in an acute care setting pref.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom