TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center - Nashville, TN Monitor Technician
For more than 30 years, TriStar Southern Hills has been a leader for a wide range of healthcare services, including emergency services, cardiology, orthopaedics, neurosurgery and rehabilitation. Serving our community since October 15, 1979, TriStar Southern Hills continues to grow and evolve. Since that time, the hospital has grown to 126 beds and serves three counties, including Davidson, Williamson and Rutherford. TriStar Southern Hills medical staff currently has over 300 members representing more than 20 specialties. All are board certified or board eligible. We are recognized as both a Certified Stroke and Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission as well as by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
There is a great culture of caring at TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center. When we asked our employees to develop an acronym best representing the care we give, they chose: H.E.A.R.T. (Healing, Empathetic, Attentive, Respectful, Together). Serving our patients with the H.E.A.R.T. of a servant is our goal. The Med/Surg 2 nd Floor Surgical
is a 28-bed acute care medical unit that provides care of the adult and geriatric patients. Patients are received through various entry points including patient registration, the Emergency Department, Cath Lab, physician's offices, and from the critical care units. TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center
is currently looking for a Monitor Technician SHIFT: PRN Responsibilities:
- Working under the supervision of a nursing, the Certified Nurse Tech performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider by American Heart Association
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program
- Certification as a Nurse Assistant preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting ofpatients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.