From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane has emerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of medicine along the way.
At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing.
As a member of the Tulane Medical Center (TMC) family, you can be assured of:
- A safe place to work.
- Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties.
- Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility.
- A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings.
- Fair and understandable compensation and benefits.
Demonstrates knowledge of arrhythmia identification and analysis. Provides appropriate telemetry monitoring based on patient's age and rhythm. Provides appropriate and timely notification to the nurse regarding significant rhythm and interval changes. Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: CPR required
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience: One year of related experience
- Special qualifications:
1. Proof of prior completion of a basic ECG course preferred
2. Successful completion of a pre-hire ECG strip interpretation test
3. Successful completion of a TMC ECG course including post test in first 60 days of employment
- Hours of work: Shifts as scheduled.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom