Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. At Arconic, we develop and manufacture high performance, engineered products and solutions for the aerospace, industrial gas turbine, commercial transportation and oil and gas markets. EPS offers unique, comprehensive capabilities, from advanced alloy and 3D printing powder development to advanced manufacturing and qualification expertise. Our global footprint of manufacturing and R&D facilities are strategically located adjacent to customer clusters and in low-cost regions. Our four business units are built on market leadership in airfoils, fasteners, rings, forgings, extrusions, advanced alloys and industrial gas turbines.
At Arconic Power and Propulsion, a business unit of the Engineered Products and Solutions group, we hold the number one global market position in aero engine and industrial gas turbine airfoils-and we are a world-class producer of structural aero engine components. We excel in additive manufacturing technologies, vacuum melted alloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high performance parts that enable the next generation of more fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation.
Our Dover, NJ site has approximately 690 employees. Our Dover Casting division is a world-class supplier of complex, investment-cast turbine airfoils and other components for the aircraft engine and industrial gas turbine industries. Our Dover Alloy division supplies vacuum and air-melted nickel- and cobalt-based superalloys to internal and external customers.
Our Dover, New Jersey
Casting Operation has an immediate need for full time Weekend Shift Monoshell Operators
in our Dipping department.Shifts may fall on one of the following:
Saturday/Sunday/Monday day shift (6am - 6pm)
Saturday/Sunday/Monday night shift (6pm - 6am) (starts Friday night)
Friday/Saturday/Sunday day shift (6am - 6pm)
The Monoshell Operator monitors the operation of the dipping robot, ensuring all molds are dipped according to specifications. ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / EQUIPMENT USED
- Monitors operation of dipping robot.
- Operates teach/controls for robot movements that are not covered by a predetermined program.
- Maintains quality of dip coats by measuring viscosity, plate weights, and temperature.
- Monitors temperature and humidity charts and reports discrepancies.
- Insures that good dipping quality is maintained and that dip coat and sand coverage is adequate.
- Performs face coat, secondary, and backup dipping operations on large and small molds in accordance with engineering instructions.
- Manufactures dip coats, binders, and other solutions according to written specifications or formulas.
- Records dips manufactured, type of dips, and dates, times, and lot numbers of material used.
- Gels and discards old dips according to instructions.
- Performs functions of a foundry worker at times
- Performs minor machine maintenance as assigned by supervision.
- Must meet Export Control Regulations (ITAR)
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds.
- Equipment used includes robots, sanders, pumps and conveyors
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), political asylee, or refugee.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates residing within a 50 miles radius of Dover NJ will only be considered.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution