Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The Consumer Lending team includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Dealer Services, including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Mortgage team supports the nation's leading originator and servicer of residential mortgages.
We have an immediate opening for a Mortgage Branch Manager Non-Producing. This individual is responsible for coaching, directing, and managing the sales activities of a branch of residential Home Mortgage Consultants (at a minimum of 12 direct reports) and activities of branch support team members, ensuring compliance, control and risk management, managing the branch pipeline, influencing positive market share growth, and providing a high level of customer service. Also responsible for overseeing the branch’s production of high quality loans that meet Wells Fargo Home Mortgage guidelines by building relationships within the Wells Fargo community and with realtors, builders, financial planners, bank stores, past customers, and other nontraditional sources while providing excellent customer service by executing on our go to market strategy. Strong sales and organizational skills are essential. Bi-lingual job seekers are encouraged to apply.
Additional duties include:
- Develop knowledge of company products, policies and procedures, and underwriting requirements
- Develop understanding of federal and state home lending regulations and provide guidance and direction to branch team to ensure compliance, and management of non-delivery fees, penalties or fines
- Manage overall branch loan origination activities through the management of branch pipeline by adhering to workflow (Simple Path) process and using internal tools and reporting to ensure origination, processing, underwriting and closing timelines are in line with communications and commitments to customers
- Manage customer loyalty/disloyalty performance levels to include; ensuring timely and proactive customer communication, regular customer contact and/or inspection calls to customer, providing team with escalation and remediation process support
- Understand real estate appraisals, title reports, and real estate transactions
- Inform prospective and existing customers of WFHM programs, rates, policies, underwriting requirements, and loan procedures
- Analyze detailed financial and credit data, matching customer needs with an appropriate loan program and level of risk
- Develop and maintain a high degree of visibility and credibility for WFHM in the marketplace
- Perform miscellaneous duties as needed and required
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 3+ years of sales experience, mortgage industry experience, or a combination of both
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Mortgage industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of sales prospecting and generating referrals
- Bilingual speaking proficiency in Spanish/English
- A BS/BA degree or higher
Other Desired Qualifications
- Documented retail residential mortgage fundings over the past 12 months referred primarily from established, local, external sources
- 1+ year of experience in recruiting individuals or teams
- Working knowledge of compliance, policy and federal regulations
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- Maintain a broad understanding of Wells Fargo products, guidelines and pricing strategies.
- Ability to lift 20+ pounds
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
NY-Albany: 125 Wolf Rd - Albany, NY
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.