Adecco is assisting a local client recruiting for Mortgage Lending Loan Servicing Cash Operations Analyst I. This is for a temporary opportunity that will give you valuable experience to enhance your career. You will be responsible for use of working knowledge of the flow of funds through Mortgage Servicing Platform to assess and process corrective entries and act as an informational resource to internal and external clients. This is an essential role by supporting day to day operational reporting and processing needs of ML Servicing Cash Operations by processing loan level and investor level transactions, resolving complex issues and exceptions, and monitoring the changing regulatory, compliance and corporate environment. If you meet the qualifications listed below please Apply Now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Knowledge of the Mortgage Lending (ML) Servicing Cash Operations process area; identify business process/system improvements that streamline operations.
2. Monitor process risks, controls and workflows for accurate data entry, implementation of procedures, team workflow volumes, backlogs, and appropriate adherence to investor and regulatory guidelines for Cash Operations.
3. Negotiate with title, companies and attorneys as applicable for collection of short payoff amounts.
4. Provide loan level review, research and analysis for exceptions, payoffs, and governance guidelines, such as regulations and policies.
5. Prepare, scan and validate documents for image repository according to department procedures.
6. Perform analysis and research on correspondence, loans and checks across multiple enterprise systems, including MSP.
7. Assess existing policies and procedures and make recommendations for process improvements.
8. Complete adjustments for payments, Automated Clearing House (ACH), transaction reversals, collections, taxes, unpaid principal balance (UPB), wires, corporate advances, insurance and loan modifications.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, or Economics, or equivalent education and related training
2. Excellent decision-making and verbal communication skills
3. Ability to synthesize complex data and deliver findings in a simple and easy to read format
4. Demonstrated ability to listen, ask questions and comprehend new or complex matters
5. Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills, and attention to detail
6. Self-starter with ability to manage time wisely and work on multiple projects at a time
7. Flexibility to adapt to frequently changing priorities and projects
8. Capable of interacting with team members and management of all levels
1. Cash management operations experience
2. Knowledge of servicing-related regulations and rules related to Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Patriot Act
3. Working knowledge of MSP (Black Knight servicing system)
4. Accounting training and/or experience
5. Experience with Microsoft Access
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.