Plano 3 (31063), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Mortgage Closing Coach
Responsible for all production aspects of mortgage originations fulfillment specific to closing, funding, and problem resolution of post funding, quality control and issue remediation. It is the Closing Managers responsibility to ensure that loans are closed accurately and in a timely manner while remaining in compliance with all regulatory and internal policies and procedures. Execution. The Closing Manager collaborates and is a partner to sales, processing and underwriting in delivering an excellent customer experience. The Closing Manager reports to the Site Leader and is responsible for hiring, training and developing a solid team of mortgage closers.
- Partner with Sales and Operations to ensure mortgage applications are originated efficiently so that the loan is in compliance with Capital One and all regulatory requirements.
- Partner with Operation POD Leaders to ensure closings meet contract deadlines and daily/monthly volume demands.
- Ensure all loans are closed in accordance to Investor, Regulatory, and Capital One policy and procedures.
- Ensure closers follow operational systems, processes and policies of pre-funding and post funding operations.
- Adherence to all fair lending and compliance policies both in dealings with customers and closing attorneys and or title companies as well as the closing decisions that are made.
- Manage FTE capacity models while meeting service level standards.
- Manage, train, lead and motivate direct team members and meet with them on a regular basis to ensure open productive communication.
- Resolve escalations
- Determine training needs of department on an on-going basis.
- Partner with the POD Leader to ensure pipeline control progression.
- Partner with Quality Control, Audit and Post Funding on resolving any issues regarding closed loans.
- Assist with the research and respond to all mortgage audits for pre-funding operations findings as well as post-funding outstanding issues.
- Work with Compliance department on compliance issues
- Monitor all Secondary Investor, Government and MI guideline changes and determine effect on closings. Update closing team on guideline changes and operational procedures as necessary.
- Other Duties as assigned by Site Leader
- High School Diploma, GED, Equivalent Certification or military experience
- At least 2 years of operations management experience in a Financial Services company
- At least 2 years prior closing/processing experience with all types of mortgage loans to which would include all FNMA Conventional and FHA loans.
- At least 2 years of people management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience working on FNMA/FHA/VA programs and guidelines, as well as those of other conventional investors, state/local bond programs and private mortgage insurers
- 3+ years of people management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.