Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that conducts its business through three principal business segments-Institutional Securities, Wealth Management, and Asset Management. Wealth Management provides comprehensive financial advice and services to its clients including brokerage, investment advisory, financial and wealth planning, credit & lending, deposits & cash management, annuities, insurance, retirement and trust services.
Morgan Stanley Private Bank, National Association ("MSPBNA") offers banking and credit products and services, including securities-based lending, mortgage loans and home equity lines of credit primarily to Morgan Stanley Wealth Management's high net worth clients.
MSPBNA is seeking to hire multiple candidates for the position of Mortgage Consultant.
• The MC will form deep working relationships with Financial Advisors and Personal Bankers. Assist in providing expert advice and problem solving skills to help meet client mortgage needs.
• Ability to work as part of team assigned to a Complex /Branch level coverage and grows the market share through business referrals.
• Required to provide the best rate execution and proper product selection for the clients.
• Represent the "face" of the business by owning the client experience up to and including loan registration. This is achieved by following up on potential client referrals and working with the client to complete an accurate and compliant mortgage application.
• Work directly with Private Bankers (Field Sales) in order to help reach each complex /branch growth targets. Maintain a pipeline of client referrals.
• Analyze financial information to make an initial assessment regarding whether the clients and the property may qualify for a particular lending solution and find the best option for their particular mortgage solution.
• Participate in business partner's events and office activities which promote our internal Home Loan team.
• Partner with Relationship Management Team to ensure the seamless transfer of the loan application in a timely manner once the intent to proceed has been received.
• The MC will be tasked with multiple responsibilities that include inbound /outbound queue management, multiple call campaigns, and various bank initiatives, along with intense client follow-up.
• Knowledge of the laws and regulation that govern consumer lending, including fair lending, privacy, RESPA, and TRID.
• 5 year's prior experience as a loan officer or experience interacting with UHNW clients in an Operations capacity can be considered.
• Strong understanding of mortgage products and processes - preferably high net worth loan origination experience.
• Proven ability to meet individual and organizational goals within a sales environment
• Relationship management and developmental experience
• Limited travel may be required on an as needed basis.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Main point of contact for clients, Financial Advisors, and Private Bankers throughout the registration process.
• Ensure proper communication with appropriate parties and provide proper documentation for the application.
• Aspects of the job will contain a variety of systems to operate for accurate reporting and tracking.
• Understanding and knowledge of call center operations best practices.
• Manage active client referrals to ensure superior client service levels. Manage loan escalations as needed in a timely resolution.
• Outstanding written, verbal, and analytical skills
• Superior time management and multi-tasking abilities
• Proven ability to go above and beyond the MC requirements to improve client experience and grow the business.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.