Mortgage Loan Officer - Distributed Sales (Laurel/Columbia/Baltimore)
Do you want to work with smart talented people who are leading experts in the mortgage industry? As a Mortgage Loan Officer, you will partner closely with leaders in the business in delivering an excellent customer experience while expanding your mortgage knowledge. You will be responsible for all aspects of mortgage originations specific to pre-funding operations such as sales analysis, interviewing, gathering data, and compiling a quality loan application. You will have ownership over ensuring that loans are processed, underwritten, and closed accurately in a timely manner while remaining in compliance. Your passion and hard work will be rewarded with a competitive compensation plan and top-notch benefits package.
Responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with all branch touch points to achieve goals together.
- Leveraging both external referral business and internal sources for maximum market share penetration.
- Developing and executing a local marketing plan for external and internal business development designed to meet goals and objectives.
- Delivering excellent customer service by focusing on customer needs.
- Proactively market with a strong visibility in branch on a daily basis - daily huddles, sales meetings, and joint sales calls with partners.
- "Quarterbacking" the mortgage lending efforts of the branch..
- Educating branch staff on mortgage basics and coordinate together on the referral program.
- Promoting behavior that is consistent with Capital One's visions, values and ethics.
The individual we are looking for will have extensive knowledge of underwriting systems and federal mortgage standards and regulations. This individual will possess strong analytical skills, be highly organized, and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. Key to success in this role will be the ability to build positive relationships with strategic partners. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must to leverage results in this role.
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in residential mortgage sales originations
- At least 1 year of experience in FNMA/FHLMC programs and underwriting guidelines, as well as private mortgage insurers
- Bachelor's Degree.
- At least 2 years experience working in a Bank regulated environment.
- At least 2 years experience in residential mortgage sales originations.
- At least 2 years experience in FNMA/FHLMC programs and underwriting guideline, as well as private mortgage insurers
- An existing book of business from external sources
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Requires successful registration with, and issuance of a unique identification number from, the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act).