About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Job Description
The Mortgage Loan Officer sells and originates residential mortgage loans to sales goals. Takes residential mortgage loan applications and offers or negotiates terms of residential mortgage loans.
Employee must maintain an active registration status with NMLS (Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry).
- Takes residential mortgage loan applications AND offers or negotiates terms of residential mortgage loans for compensation or gain
- Employee must maintain an active registration status with NMLS (Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry)
- Meets with Prospects identified directly as well as referred by realtors, developers, attorneys and other external and internal referral sources
- Explains variety of mortgage products and services available and offers recommendations based on evaluation of individual prospect needs
- Guides Customers through the mortgage application process; explains information required and other aspects of the loan process to Customers
- Ensures applications are completed accurately and contain required information and supporting documentation
- Manages Customers' expectations regarding processing times and closing dates
- Sells and originates residential mortgage loans according to established policies and procedures and applicable legal and regulatory guidelines
- Generates referrals for mortgage sales opportunities and sales of other Company business line products
- Develops plan to achieve sales goals with assistance from sales management.
- Bachelor's degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience below.
- 2-4 Years of mortgage origination experience.
- Proven Sales ability.
- Developing knowledge of mortgage industry, products, lending practices and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintains the highest level of sales ability and negotiation skills.
- Self-directed, ability to plan own activities to achieve sales goals.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- PC skills, including ability to learn mortgage origination and automated underwriting systems.
- A satisfactory criminal background check, a credit report, and a review of information from the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLSR) regarding any administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government agency are required by federal law for this position (Regulation Z, 12 CFR Part 1026).
Hours Normal business hours Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at email@example.com. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New Jersey City (Primary) Mount Laurel
A little about us:
TD Bank is creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people, cultures and languages of the communities we serve.