Plano 3 (31063), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Mortgage Loan Underwriter
A great opportunity exists for an ambitious and passionate individual to join our team as an Associate Underwriter. It is the Associate Underwriter’s responsibility to ensure that conventional loans are processed and underwritten accurately and while remaining in compliance with company, regulatory and investor requirements. The Associate Underwriter is a partner to sales, processing and closing by helping to deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Manual credit review skills, unassisted by DU
- Determine qualifying income for more complex applicants including Tax Returns (except 1040 Sched E, K-1 and Business Returns)
- Review more complex appraisals for Condo’s and Attached PUDs
- Understanding of FNMA /FHLMC Relief Refinance guidelines and the implications to DU
- Ability to read and understand MI guidelines; including overlays
- Advanced level of risk assessment skills and ability to mitigate risk due to higher loan amount requests
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in automated underwriting systems to include FNMAs Desktop Underwriter (DU) and FHLMC’s Loan Prospector (LP)
- Bachelors Degree
- 3 years of Mortgage Underwriting experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.