Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that conducts its business through three principal business segments-Institutional Securities, Wealth Management, and Asset Management. Wealth Management provides comprehensive financial advice and services to its clients including brokerage, investment advisory, financial and wealth planning, credit & lending, deposits & cash management, annuities, insurance, retirement and trust services.
Morgan Stanley Private Bank, National Association ("MSPBNA") offers banking and credit products and services, including securities-based lending, mortgage loans and home equity lines of credit primarily to Morgan Stanley Wealth Management's high net worth clients.
Morgan Stanley Home Loans is seeking an experienced and motivated Mortgage Project Manager to join our Team. The successful candidate will possess a combination of exceptional underwriting skills and end to end understanding of the mortgage process. A seasoned project manager is needed to drive over a dozen work streams on a coordinated schedule to deliver maximum benefit to both our internal and external clients.
• Interact with managers to help define and document project objectives, governance and priorities within the scope of the project/program/initiative
• Interface with key stakeholders, sponsors and other senior management to confirm program/project sponsorship/support, strategic alignment, and report progress, achievements, significant issues and risks.
• Transforming data into meaningful presentations for multiple levels of end-users with a clear understanding of how data should be interpreted for business partners.
• The ability to take complex tables and data and turn them into simple and easy-to-understand presentations.
• Manage work plan development, requirements collection, issues, risks and scope changes throughout all phases of the project.
• Work with stakeholders to prioritize work and drive milestones to completion.
• Track and report status on cross-divisional projects being completed by leads across the Team.
• Develop and document potential changes to the credit underwriting guidelines, present them to key stakeholders for their buy in and create a detailed implementation plan.
• Work closely with the mortgage underwriting team to understand best practices and the underwriting guidelines of competitors to ensure our competitiveness in the marketplace.
• Five years plus residential mortgage underwriting/processing experience.
• Five years plus of project management experience.
• Analytical ability needed to challenge the status quo by providing fact-based insights and arguments for the development of the optimal architecture
• Experience working in or managing programs/projects with multiple work streams.
• Subject matter knowledge of the end to end mortgage process.
• Ability to work within tight delivery timeframes.
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills; ability to learn quickly and clarify poorly defined problems
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Must have a high level degree of attention to details and accuracy.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with meticulous follow up.
• A self-starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a team
• Ability to work within a cross-functional environment.
• Demonstrate initiative, leadership and comfort working in a fast paced environment.
• Experience with Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio; ability to manipulate, analyze and report on large amounts of data.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.