Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world. Description
This role is a key member of the Business Resource Center (BRC), Aramark's in-house creative team focused on the development and delivery of high-quality sales communication. We support the global sales force's efforts to drive growth and win record levels of new business. The team is creative, collaborative, and dedicated to fueling the growth of the company. The BRC is based in the historic Wanamaker building at headquarters in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The Motion Graphics Manager's primary purpose is to increase the delivery and overall visual impact for client acquisition and retention efforts. This leader is a key resource, an in-house expert for needed motion graphic support, displaying a broad and detailed understanding of internal resources and branding. This person is experienced at controlling deadlines, managing, scheduling, and budgets while elevating deliverables.
A key part of this person's role is to have an eye on where we should go next with innovative ways to express our message to elevate our win rates. The Motion Graphics Manager is often the lead for the team as we revise and improve core deliverables. The Motion Graphics Manager always innovates, is optimistic and future focused. Hands-on, approachable leadership and communication skills are critical as our team works at all levels of the organization - from the C-Suite to field operations requests. This is a "working manager" role - the Motion Graphics Manager will have active engagement in the ideation as well as the responsibility of the creation of deliverables.
The Motion Graphics Manager is gifted with the ability to take a statement like, "I have this little idea," or "I was thinking about a cool video" from a salesperson and convert it into a clear, impactful, and winning sales deliverable. Often this is done while collaborating with talented colleagues, including our content developers, writers, designers, and an extensive proposal coordinator team.
There will be a need to be cool under pressure and ability to jump in and add expertise with brand storytelling through visuals. Day-to-day work includes substantial variety and complexity, requiring originality and ingenuity. Looking to thrive in a growing, fast-paced, production deadline-driven environment? We're a good fit. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and drive a vision of the motion graphics elements for the in-house creative team.
- Execute projects with attention to detail and on quick timelines.
- Be able to handle all technical aspects as well as direction of in-house and outside development of video production.
- Work with Creative Director and team to develop one-off videos as well as defining and developing repeatable style videos for our many lines of business.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Proposal, Content, and Design Managers to ensure seamless management of projects.
- Work with the Creative Director to explore new deliverables as well as extending capabilities both within the team and outside vendors. Research and shop marketplace for appropriate motion graphics solutions to support business development activities.
- Continually improve and demonstrate best practices to peers, clients, and organization.
- Assist in the integrity, coordination, and organization of shared electronic files.
- May be required to work non-traditional work hours to accommodate workload and delivery of deadline-driven projects.
- Commitment to and consistent ability to meet project deadlines, while managing multiple client priorities.
- Understand, interpret, and execute The Challenger Sale
- Ability to manage, direct, and recommend outside resources to support unique or challenging deliverables that we may not have ability to produce with the internal team.
- Must be proficient in a PC format.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Some travel will be required.
- A positive, can-do attitude with a deep desire to constantly be looking to improve, better, and grow the team.
- Expert project management skills, with the ability to multi-task while still maintaining quality of work and meet deadlines.
- Candidate will show evidence of strategic communications thinking and demonstrate the ability to impact and influence at the most senior levels of the organization and across the enterprise.
- Ability to shift easily between strategic initiatives and tactical day-to-day deliverables.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills with thorough attention to detail.
- Strong eye for design and visual storytelling. Must be able to work with extended team to deliver the story.
- Ability to think creatively and approach a wide variety of projects from new angles.
- Ability to take direction well, but also motivated and capable of handling a project from start to finish.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to manage up and down the organization.
- Exhibit strong customer service traits and process a proven record of high customer satisfaction feedback.
- Must be able to handle deadline pressures and multiple assignments and clients. Track record of taking a leadership role in proactively creating and maintaining timelines, updating team on progression and proactively following up on adherence to timelines, and performing work within specified response and turnaround times.
- College degree in design, business, or communications, or comparable work experience. Coursework in advertising, marketing, film, and graphics is desirable.
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced advertising agency, corporate communications or marketing setting, or other relevant experience is required.
- Advanced to expert level proficiency in Premiere/AfterEffects. A proven advanced to expert proficiency level with PhotoShop and Illustrator is a strong plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, InDesign, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience. Management experience a plus.
- Reel or website of relevant materials is required at interview stage.