Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Grainger is currently seeking a Technical Product Support Specialist - Motors and Power Transmissions for our Janesville, WI facility.
We are seeking a Technical Product Support Specialist - Motors & Power Transmissions professional who has industry knowledge and experience to join our Technical Product Support team. The ideal skill set is often found in those who have extensive experience applying, maintaining and troubleshooting power transmission, and motion control components such as single and 3-phase AC motors, gear motors, Stepper motors, Soft Starts, VFDs and DC Speed Controls. Working knowledge of engine-driven generators is a plus. You will utilize your exceptional communication skills, technical knowledge and company provided resources to assist our customers in the areas of pre-sales selection, post-sales support, application and troubleshooting assistance for a broad range of Motors and power transmission products. Your customer base will include external customers such as end users, maintenance technicians and contractors as well as internal customers including parts & sourcing specialists, sales, and branch personnel.
*Provide world-class technical product support in product application, selection and troubleshooting via the phone.
*Utilize industry-related experience, formal vendor training and on-the-job learning opportunities to achieve and maintain a high level of technical expertise on the products Grainger sells.
*Capture and channel information to provide product teams / suppliers feedback about products based on interaction with customers and field personnel.
*Develop, coordinate, teach, and evaluate training and education tools to equip field employees with the skill and knowledge to effectively resolve customer needs as it relates to technical products.
*Foster an environment of teamwork and open communication by sharing information, learning from and teaching others, following established processes and recognizing exceptional performance.
* Must have 7+ years hands-on field experience while working in an unsupervised position in the installation, service, troubleshooting and repair of electric motors, engines, generators and power transmission components, with significant direct customer interface.
* Hands-on experience with single and 3-phase AC motors, gear motors, Stepper motors, Soft Starts, VFDs and DC Speed Controls.
* Proven customer service skills, with the ability to maintain strong external and internal customer relationships by identifying and anticipating their needs, then meeting / exceeding their requirements and expectations.
* Working knowledge of engine-driven generators is a plus
* Excellent organizational and communication skills.
* Must have basic computer skills, to include; email activity, navigating the internet and MS Office applications.
* Occasional evenings, Saturdays, or overnight travel may be necessary for product training.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.