Penske is seeking candidates who will maintain a warm and friendly image. Will be familiar and knowledgeable of all Penske products and services and is able to obtain quick and efficient solutions by understanding our customer's personal needs. Our mission in this sales and service role will be to rent as many trucks as possible at the highest rate possible while delivering a legendary customer experience. You will be the first impression of Penske to rapidly solve customer service problems and assuming the role of a Moving Advisor Expert.
This position is located at our Corporate offices in a country and suburban setting which is 7 miles South of Reading, PA. Our location is a convenient commute with ample free and easy parking.
In most cases, these positions will begin as temporary full-time assignments with the opportunity to become regular full-time based on business need and performance.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, and Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Must be flexible to work challenging hours: holidays, nights and weekends
- Excellent customer service and sales skills required
- Handle inbound/outbound calls from multiple sources
- Provide a legendary experience for all customers by connecting and providing solutions
- Meet and exceed department and company sales goals.
- Ability to successfully work in a sales driven environment with uncapped commission earnings
- Ability to learn and execute selling techniques
- Strong interpersonal and telephone etiquette skills, and the ability to build rapport with customers
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Basic math, logic, geography and problem solving skills as well as the ability to follow specific instructions are also required
- Ability to type, listen and think of an appropriate solution to your customer's needs all while keeping up a lively verbal exchange. And you'll need to be fast - customers don't want to wait
- Bilingual written and verbal communications are highly preferred.
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25/lbs12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/ 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, General Electric Capital Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.gopenske.com/ to learn more.
Some keywords related to this position are: Sales; Retail Sales; Inbound Sales; Outbound Sales; Customer Service; Call Center; Order Processing; Service Quality; Sales Administration; Customer Needs; Customer Communications.
People living in or near these PA locations in the Reading area have found our opportunities of interest. Wyomissing, Kutztown, Hamburg, Pottstown, Lebanon, Quakertown, Exton, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Breinigsville, Fogelsville, Manheim, Lancaster, King of Prussia, Millersville, Palmyra, Mt Joy, East Norriton, Bethlehem, Montgomeryville, North Wales, Wilmington, Media, Ft Washington, Horsham, Phillipsburg NJ, Harrisburg, York, Mendenhall, Philadelphia.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.