Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Ensures the highest standards of environmental safety and operational excellence by effectively managing the day-to-day operations of the assigned MRF, and maintains cost management within the MRF. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Ensures smooth operation of site, including: gatehouse, sorting, loading.
- Minimizes handling and operational costs.
- Continually works to reduce turnaround time for trucks in and out of site.
- Regularly proposes means of operational improvement.
- Acts as a liaison, where necessary, for community relationships.
- Complies with and ensures adherence to Waste Management's Mission to Zero standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Submits reasonable budget information and analyzes data versus year-to-date data and prior year budget.
- Assists in creating a positive team-oriented environment through employee development and motivation.
- Ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property of the MRF through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with supervisors/employees.
- Oversees personnel needs of the MRF including selecting, coaching, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Conducts and/or attends and contributes to periodic safety meetings.
- Provides training and presentations as needed in a positive and professional manner.
- Updates and submits required reports in a timely manner.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 30 full-time employees, including: Operators, Operations Supervisors, Sorters; Operations Specialists, Scalehouse Attendants, etc.
- Indirect supervision of 10 full-time employees: MRF plant and equipment maintenance.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Industrial Engineering, or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 7 years of previous work experience (in addition to education requirement).
- Preferred: Waste industry experience; experience in a material recycling facility is a plus.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."