**Requisition ID:** 27494BR
**Job Title:** MRF Shift Lead
**Division:** 4613: Cedar Rapids Recy Services
**Location:** 19211: Cedar Rapids-901 Ingleside Dr
**City:** Cedar Rapids
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Non-Exempt
Reporting to an Operations Supervisor or Manager, the Shift Lead, Material Recycling Facility (MRF) is responsible for providing direction to recycling center staff to ensure that all tasks are performed in compliance with the Company’s safety and compliance standards, as well as with all federal and state regulations. The Shift Lead also provides operational support and coordination throughout the recycling center.
• Oversees and performs various tasks/job duties related to the operational support and coordination throughout the recycling center, including but not limited to, inventory control, quality control, operational staffing and performance improvements, and inbound tip floor management.
• Provides direction to Sorters and other MRF operations staff.
• Ensures compliance with all safety rules regarding MRFs.
• Performs daily inspections of equipment and inventory.
• Maintains cleanliness of facility during shift.
• Increases production by minimizing down time and providing training.
• Keeps attendance records on all workers; gives verbal and written warnings when necessary.
• Distinguishes different types of recyclables (e.g., various types of plastic - PETE, HDPE; glass by color; aluminum from tin or bi-metal; paper - 5 to 6 grades).
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Prior supervisory experience.
• Commercial driver's license.
• Equipment maintenance experience.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 1 years related experience in equipment operation and/or recyclery.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.