Putnam Community Medical Center, a 99-bed, acute care facility, located at 611 Zeagler Dr, in Palatka, provides the latest technology with the assurance of highly trained, caring professionals to the residents of Putnam County. The hospital serves North Central Florida with a full complement of quality healthcare services while maintaining cost-effectiveness.
The hospital provides individualized care directed to the specific needs of each patient. Putnam Community Medical Center offers a 10-bed Intensive/Critical Care Unit, Step-Down Care Unit, Cardiac Cath Lab, medical and surgical units, family birthplace center, and a 24-hour emergency department. We also provide inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services.
611 Zeagler Dr
Palatka, FL 32177
- Always verifies physician orders prior to completing examination.
- Performs MRI examinations according to the physician orders.
- Perform invasive procedures according to the established protocol allowing for any special instructions from the Radiologist or patient's physician.
- Completes equipment checks as specified by the manufacturer.
- Assures that all "call result" exams are sent to Radiologist as soon as the exam is finished.
- At the beginning and end of each shift assure that all supplies are stocked necessary to perform daily schedule.
- Advises supervisor of supplies needed for ordering.
- Schedules inpatient MRI patients accurately with the nursing unit and correlates with other services to avoid conflicts.
- Explains exams procedures in detail to reduce anxiety and claustrophobia during exams.
- Always performs venipuncture according to established protocol.
- Provides MRI safety education as requested to clinical areas and staff.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Education:
Graduate of an accredited program in Radiology Technology Experience:
Minimum one year hospital experience in MRI Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration:
Registered in Radiology -ARRT (R) Registry in MRI preferred ARRT -(MRI) Current Florida State License as a General Radiographer Other Minimum:
BLS to be renewed bi-annually Qualifications:
No contraindication to be around the magnetic field: i.e., pacemaker, aneurysm clips, or cochlear implants. Strong communication skills, Knowledge of ARRT and ACR protocols. Strong knowledge of MRI safety zones. Ability to handle stressful situations. Self-starter
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom