MRI Technician PRN
Opening in March 2009, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. Ours is a beautiful, streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available and staffed by people who genuinely care for the well-being of others. The hospital's services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, oncology, neurosurgery and orthopedics. In November 2017 the hospital expanded by more than 100,000 square feet and 70 beds bringing our total number of licensed beds to over 210.
Methodist Stone Oak Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. The hospital belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients. We have been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov's 5-star rating out of thousands of hospitals. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Stone Oak Hospital under Locations.
General Statement of Duties:
Responsible to perform diagnostic procedures utilizing MRI and imaging equipment. Will perform all MRI procedures and is responsible for the quality control in the MRI area.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Must demonstrate knowledge in all areas of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, positioning, procedure preparation and technical factors associated with the MRI systems.
2. Responsible for the proper use of the RIS (scheduling exams, patient tracking, film tracking, proper completion of exams).
3. Responsible for all other equipment used in MR (e.g. monitoring equipment, stereotactic biopsy equipment (where applicable) and any other devices/equipment used in MRI.
4. Demonstrates enthusiasm in performing and accepting work assignments.
5. Must demonstrates the ability to assess a situation consider alternatives and choose an appropriate course of action.
6. Will demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care to pediatric adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
Minimum Education and Experience:
1. Graduate of a Radiology School.
2. Previous experience in an out-patient MRI role desirable.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
1. Certification in one of the following;
• American Registration of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
• American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist (ARMRIT)
• Registration by the Texas Department of Health (CMRT).
2. Must hold a current CPR certification or must obtain during orientation period