MRI Tech - PRN (As Needed)
PRN Coverage Needed : On-Call Hours to include a minimum of 1 weekday and weekend per month. As needed for vacation coverage.
Location : Medical Center of Lewisville
MRI Tech Job Summary :
Performs quality Diagnostic procedures in an accurately and timely manner. Operates MRI equipment and processes images. Prepares patient's room, equipment, supplies and medication. Provides patient services using imaging modalities. Practices proper magnet safety techniques on all exams performed. Maintains safe environment for patients, fellow workers, and visitors. Supports and helps achieve the departmental and hospital goals.
MRI Tech Job Duties and Responsibilities :
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
- Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services.
- Transport patients safely.
- Provide care of patients with a variety of medical diagnosis and resulting complications.
- Prepares room, equipment, medicine and materials as needed for patients.
- Cleans and disinfects MRI room and equipment.
- Observes and employs proper magnet safety techniques.
- Ensures room is properly set up for each type of MRI procedures.
- Prepares patient for Magnetic Resonance Imaging - explains procedures, transfer patient to table, positions patients and assists patient at end of procedure.
- Performs all MRI procedures on patient between the ages of infancy to Geriatric as appropriate.
- Processes images in accordance with industry standards and appropriate techniques.
- Follows prescribed techniques in administering general and specific scans/sequences.
- Efficiently operates the MR Scanner and all software programs and peripheral items (Sound system, MR IV Pump, coils etc....).
- Observes patient and machine during procedure and reports unusual occurrences and records patient's condition.
- Participates in the departmental quality assurance/improvement program.
- Maintains stock supplies (i.e. Catheters) and performs general office duties, (i.e. proper charge codes, procedures completed.)
- Inspects and reports equipment and room for any malfunctions within his/her shift.
- Transports patients as necessary.
- As required, takes call and works Hospital Holiday.
- Assists the radiologist in performance of all diagnostic special procedures.
- Assists with other duties as assigned by the AVP/Director, Imaging Manager/Supervisor/Lead Tech.
- Efficiently operates PACS.
- Provides excellent customer service to our patients, visitors, staff and co-workers.
- Performs Point of Care Testing for Urine HCG and Creatinine. Calculates GFR.
- Attends staff meetings and in-services.
- Completes educational activities as assigned.
- Follows proper procedure for infection control.
- Assists physician's offices, outpatients and hospital associates promptly and courteously.
- Positively identifies the correct patient prior to the performance of MRI procedure utilizing 2 patient identifiers.
MRI Tech Job Requirements :
- Must be registered/eligible by ARRT (R)(MR). If associate does not hold advanced certification, associate shall obtain within 6 months of hire/promotion or completion of training program.
- Must have current Texas license (MRT) if performing Radiography.
- BLS certification required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology.
- Must be able to take call restricted to a 30-minute response time and work on Hospital Holiday.
- Must be well trained to handle different ages and risk factors when performing diagnostic procedures.
- Special Qualifications:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to work with others to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Continuous focus on excellence in work environment.
- Degree of Supervision Required: Involves general guidance and directions by the Director of Imaging and/or Imaging Manager The employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently, and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
- Patient Population Served: This position requires knowledge of growth and developmental needs of patients. Employees in this position must recognize and respond to the behaviors of patients in neonate/infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric age categories. The employee must be able to demonstrate the special skills required to care for patients and their families according to Medical Center of Lewisville expectations and standards. The skills and knowledge need to provide such care may be gained through education, training, or experience.
- Working Conditions: Hospital rooms, common areas, clinical departments, and hospital grounds. See attached physical demands analysis for information related to potential job hazards, and functional requirements.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom