At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description: 3M is seeking MRO TSS TOOLING TECH for the Electronics & Energy Group , located in Menomonie, WI. Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
This Position Will Require:
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media
- Operate the following equipment; part separator, size reduction device (SRD), QC equipment, spray booth, grinders, edge mill and laser welding machine to machine stampers to specification
- Control electroforming bath chemistry by adding and mixing appropriate chemical additives and adjusting plating parameters.
- Observe all equipment during operation to detect malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjust machine controls or controls media as required
- Verify conformance of raw materials, in process materials and finished work piece to specifications using precision measuring instruments and by completing a visual inspection. Interpret this information to troubleshoot and make appropriate changes
- Use electronic databases to maintain process data, quality data, and material use information
- Initiate troubleshooting activities for equipment and process, especially when quality of stampers are not within specifications. Follow through with corrective actions until process and equipment are capable of producing stampers that meet all quality specifications
- Participate and support lean initiatives such as 5S, standard work, and continuous improvement
- Assist with the design, installation, and scale-ups of new or modified equipment and new product development
- Perform daily and preventative maintenance, support, and inspection on tooling equipment. Maintain general cleanliness of tooling facility
- Prepare, complete, and report results of experiments or R&D jobs defined by Process Engineers
- Write documentation and provide training related to this job.
- Understand fundamental concepts of precision machining and apply knowledge to advancement of processes. Suggest improvements
- Start up and shutdown equipment for routine and emergency needs
- Comply with all department, plant, and corporate EHS and security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures. Complete and maintain current EHS training requirements for the job position. Properly dispose of hazardous and non hazardous waste as required by 3M waste procedures and programs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working holidays as needed
- Short notice shift coverage
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Possess a one (1) year technical diploma in CNC Tool Operations OR a minimum of three (3) years machine shop experience
- Completion of an apprenticeship in a machine shop environment running CNC equipment
- Ability to read blueprints and mechanical drawings
- Mechanical and electrical skills to troubleshoot, adjust, repair and maintain equipment
- Knowledge of basic Windows-based operating systems
- Ability to prioritize daily work activities and interpersonal skills to work with personnel at all levels of the organization
- Attention to detail in order to perform stringent visual inspections
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.