Microsoft Advertising (MSA) is a worldwide organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. We are the engine that powers the buying and selling of digital advertising across all aspects of Microsoft’s portfolio including our high-growth search engine, Bing.
The MSA Business Manager plays a key role in driving and enabling the MSA business success. The role manages the rhythm of business across MSA, including the design and coordination of business reviews and planning. The position interacts regularly with all levels of management, the MSA Leadership team and with sales, finance and operations teams. This is an exciting opportunity that provides exec-level interaction across many organizations, and the opportunity to impact and shape our business in an intensely competitive environment.
This role requires someone who is detail oriented, a strong collaborator and has impeccable planning and execution skills with a focus on driving results while partnering and building key relationships.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Manage the ROB calendar and process across major stakeholder teams in MSA and BG partners
• Optimize ROB and planning process to increase productivity in the field and reduce touch points
• Partner with MSA LT members and teams to deliver high quality ROB and high value business planning deliverables
• Manage MBU, QBU, action items to drive resolution and business impact
• Facilitate the narrative of business results and progress to key stakeholders
• Drive MSA annual planning process including the development of FY priorities, strategy alignment, and periodic check-ins
• Develop and manage initiatives to ensure MSA team is able to support healthy business impact and acumen
• Special projects as appropriate
• Organization agility and ability to work successfully across a complex highly-matrixed environment
• Strong communication and presentation abilities
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and navigate uncertain situations to drive for clarity
• Ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
• Exceptional program, project, and planning management skills
• Strong combination of financial, product, people and business capabilities based in strong intellectual horsepower and data driven decision making skills
• Ability to impact and influence without authority at all levels of the organization, including at the senior leadership levels
• High integrity and accountability for self and others
• Adaptability, flexibility and creativity
Education / Experiences Required
• The ideal candidate is a seasoned business professional with multi-disciplinary experience, along with aspiration and potential to grow as a broad business leader
• Bachelor’s Degree a requirement; Masters a plus
• Proven experience successfully operating in a global, highly-matrixed environment required
• Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills required
• Minimal travel required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.