Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, is recruiting for a Field Director, South Central- Solid Tumor Oncology. This region will include: California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee. The preferred candidate will be centrally located in this region.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies. To learn more about our oncology products please visit: https://www.janssenbiotech.com/products/oncology.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Field Director is responsible for leading the South Central, Solid Tumor Oncology Medical Science Liaison (MSL) regional team in providing scientific, research, and educational support to health care professionals and internal business partners related to the current and future Janssen Oncology products. The Field Director is responsible for providing oversight of all activities in accordance with current regulatory and health care compliance guidelines.
• Responsible for the management of a regional Oncology MSL team including:
• Ensure that team functions are according to the business plan and company directives
• Conducts routine team field visits and 1:1 meetings, providing observation and coaching
• Conduct performance coaching and feedback discussions
• Provide oversight responsibility for team’s training and development
• Ensure team optimal capacity, field activity level, and field metrics
• Manages the team through special projects and cross functional support activities
• Provides appropriate oversight if the team is supported by Contract MSL personnel
• Recruit, select and hire a qualified and diverse work force for the regional Oncology MSL team.
• Provide career and succession planning in support of staff reaching their highest potential
• Provide an optimal working environment by promoting/functioning according to the Credo value, communication of a clear direction, active listening, respecting diversity, encouraging collaborative partnership, empowering direct reports, follow up on commitments, promoting innovation, and rewarding high performance
• Responsible for timely completion of administrative duties. Examples include assessment an approval of expense reports, preparation and communication of team metric reports
• Co-lead the communication of MSL team achievement updates to appropriate internal partners and levels of management
• Participate in business planning activities as necessary across the various brands and within Medical Affairs. Ensure appropriate training on and execution of proactive initiatives and other permissible field activities.
• Through partnership with other Director counterpart, co-leads the creation and implementation of MSL Oncology Field strategies for the entire MSL team.
• Co-leads the creation and implementation of MSL field collaborative strategies to ensure compliant partnership with other customer facing teams (e.g ,sales, sales training, partner companies).
• Ensures effective and efficient collection and distribution of voice of customer.
• May be responsible for identifying and developing field scientific strategies
• Participates and/or leads cross functional/company initiatives
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. PharmD, PhD, MD highly preferred
• Minimum of 4 years of pharmaceutical industry, clinical/research experience is required.
• A minimum of 2 years of MSL experience is required.
• Oncology experience is required.
• Previous people management responsibility is preferred.
• Requires travel of approx. 70% depending on geography (includes overnight travel); Ability to maintain an office in the home required.
• Must live in South Central region and must live in close proximity to an airport. Must be available to attend key strategic/scientific meetings at the corporate office in Horsham, PA.
• Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
All currently posted Oncology MSL positions: http://bit.ly/2gVrO5T